Saturday, May 8, 2004

Tourography: Sonogasm live at Chasers 2004-05-08

Chasers is the south Scottsdale club that wishes it could have half the class of Hollywood Alley.  The only positives that come to mind are that they have a decent load-in area and decent stage lighting.  


The club itself is a dank dump, but the way the staff behaves, you'd think you were in a bistro brew pub off Fifth Street just west of the Waterfront.  If I'm going to be treated like a leper while I'm working, I'll just busk on Mill Avenue and probably bank a lot more cash doing it, thankyouverymuch.


[YouTube video clip to be added]

Band: Sonogasm
Date: 2004-05-08
Venue: Chasers
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Vocals, Bass: Mike Bahr
Guitars: Jeff Mink
Drums: Chuck Prime

Other act(s): Slaves for Scores, Dependency, Zara

Setlist:
1. Threads

2. 21 Months
3. After You Fell Asleep
4. Schism (Tool)
5. Luna
6. Crystal
7. The Truth Will Set Me Free
8. Christian Woman (Type O Negative)



We were cut off on clock before we could play Blue Instant, which had never been omitted from any of our setlists before (and rightfully not, because it was our best song at the time and our first original song that people actually asked me to play by name).  Fortunately, I hadn't made any promises before this particular show.


This might be the best live take of "Crystal" we had -- that song was a woofer and I should have pitched it long before, but now that it's all over, I'm happy that I documented everything as well as I did, so as to preserve such pleasant surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment